Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yellowstone August 18-22, 2011


We hit Yellowstone with Nelson's family. We stayed at Colter Bay but drove into Yellowstone almost every day.


Evy, Holly and Nelson


Gene, Nelson, Paige, Dan, Crystal, Ben, Evy and Holly. My niece Paige rode with us to the hot pots. She'd never been to Yellowstone before and asked me what kind of rides they have there.



Evy was impossible to contain around any hot pots, ledge or body of water. Everyone told me I needed one of those child restraints disguised as monkey backpacks. I agree.



Evy near the lower falls.



No matter what a pain it is to set up and clean up, Nelson must bring his grill. We made some yummy french toast late at night.



Nelson's sister Crystal and her family camped with us old-fashioned style in our tents with popped air matresses. Meanwhile, the older folks traveled in style and wore white clothing.



I should have gotten a picture of my tent for comparison.



We went to an art show in Jackson Hole. This guy selling his hand carved wood pieces kept referring to Evy as a boy. I couldn't blame him though. Check out this hideous camping outfit. She got filthy disgusting every day. I wasn't about to put her in anything nice.






We made dutch oven chicken and potatoes. Yes it took forever and yes, it was delicious.



Wild animal near our campsite.



Evy and Nelson's cousin's daughter named Emma at Old Faithful. I told Nelson's cousin I wasn't sure if we should make the drive to Old Faithful because I wasn't sure it would go off that day. I think he believed me for a bit.



Holly and Nelson. Nelson loves these things.



The best place to watch Old Faithful is the 2nd floor of the lodge eating ice cream cones in the shade.

2 comments:

  1. We had a great time with you guys. Thanks for camping with us, can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better watch out for the husband of yours, he may move you up to Wyoming next! LOLs!

    ReplyDelete