Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Coleman's 1st Birthday 2013

So I had a super busy week at work. Sarah lent me the stuff to make this adorable dinosaur cake. I knew it would never work so I just frosted it as seen below and called it good. I had my family over at 1pm on Saturday. I had to make lunch, take care of my kids, make the cake and set up chairs before that time by myself. Nelson had the flu. This was the beginning of a not fun week. I did try a new enchilada recipe which turned out pretty good I thought.

Can you even tell it's a dinosaur? Well, it is.

Gene and Karlene came and spent the night on Friday night. They watched our kids Friday night so we could go to our neighbor's house for dinner. I was a total dud that night because I had a terrible day at work. Moral of the story is to not work the day before birthdays anymore.

Casey's family, my parents and Nelson's parents all came.

Coleman did not disappoint. He loved every minute of that cake. He was so fun to watch. Poor kid got sick two days later and is still sick.



Coleman got a cute bouncy bike, John Deere tractor and a toy puzzle.

The next day was Coleman's actual birthday. It was a Sunday and I kept the family home. Evy started to get a cold and Coleman has a hard time at church until 4:00. We kept our germs to ourselves and have had sickness in our house ever since (except me thank goodness). I let the kids paint in the tub for something to do. Evy decided to paint Coleman instead. Please acknowledge his chicken legs.

Evy giving Coleman birthday hugs before bed.
 
 
I also haven't mentioned that last month I finally finished my bachelor's of science in nursing. It is so nice not to have homework to deal with along with everything else in life.
 
 
Since I finished, I had Evy start in a joyschool group. There are 4 kids total. Evy is the only girl. All the moms rotate weeks teaching. This was my first week teaching the kids. I remember my joyschool group as a kid and my mom reading us the manner books that were popular in the '80s. I also remember getting my eye poked for the first time. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment