Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blackfoot or Bust

Every Labor Day weekend we head to my Grandparents' house in Blackfoot, Idaho for a fish fry and the Eastern Idaho State Fair.

There are too many of us to stay in Grandma's house anymore without making her crazy so we camp out on their property. We bring our trailer up and this is how Coleman spends his time. This is how he spends his time at home too.

We had a movie night in our trailer and watched "The Hobbit". Evy asked me 100 questions during the movie asking what was going on. I remember driving my mom crazy doing that.

Always nice when the kids hit the hay.

Evy and I explored the farm the next day while Nelson and Coleman napped. (Nelson got up early to fish in my grandparents' pond.)

My grandpa has many sheds and a lot of stuff.

That afternoon we had a fish fry and BBQ.

Casey, Aunt Shawna, Cousin Mark and Uncle Brent.


My kids with Aunt Michele. Kids are always fond of Auntie M.

Michele, Grandpa Ford, Grandma Carol, Evy, Aunt Shawna

We then hit the much anticipated fair. My kids loved the petting zoo.


We live for the treats there. Here is Steve enjoying some scuggets.

Was Nelson's huge waffle cone necessary?

Bring out the night life.

Shawna and Brent cooked a big "farm" breakfast the next morning.

Coleman enjoying the farm. It's a kid's dream.

How you know they've had a good time.

We always come home super stuffed and tired but then want more of the fabulous food we were spoiled with at Grandma's.

No comments:

Post a Comment