Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm done with school for the summer! 4-21-11




This semester I took a nursing assessment class. I had to do a physical assessment on my partner (luckily it was my friend Rachael from work) in front of a nurse practitioner all from memory. I even had to look in her nostrils. I dare you to do this to your friend in an exam, without laughing.




Next I took a nursing research class, where we critiqued research articles and learned about the steps involved in medical research. This class is notorious for being confusing, but luckily I had an awesome teacher. My final project was on whether grape juice was as good for your heart as red wine is. (It actually is quite good for your heart according to many articles I read)


As many of you know, I am finishing my bachelor's degree in nursing. Not all schools can give you a bachelor's degree, they give you two associates degrees instead. So if you want an actual bachelor's degree, you have to go to a university after nursing school to receive one. I will start again in the fall and have 3 semesters to go. It was mostly online but I also went to class every few weeks or so this past year and really liked it. I am switching to straight online next year since it's too hard to find help with Evy when I attend school. I do think that as useful as online classes are, there is no substitute for a classroom and interaction with people.

1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    I truly understand your situation. But let me congratulate you in your perseverance to finish nursing and be a Mom and wife at the same time. If you need any help with your nursing studies, like homework and the like, just email me.

    Visit my site @ http://www.katzcriticalminds.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete