Sunday, January 7, 2018

December 24-26th, 2015



Nelson and Coleman went fishing on Christmas Eve with our neighbors.

This was the last photo Nelson put on Instagram. He came home so exhausted. They only went half a day. I was worried how he would do, obviously not great, but he went. It was the last time Coleman got to go fishing with his dad.
 
Our neighbor Megan Buck gave us this for Christmas.

I opened the fridge and saw Nolan's face peeking at me through the door.

Nelson had told me earlier in the day he was worried he wouldn't be able to do his luminaries that day, since he had such little energy. I already knew my neighbors were planning on doing it for him. Many more people than I thought participated. The whole ward practically did it and many of them didn't really know Nelson. It was a new ward that started when he was starting treatment.

He was so excited when he noticed. He ran in our room grabbing his socks and shoes and said excitedly, "Someone did the luminaries for me!" I was so happy to see him happy. We then drove around to look at all the luminaries in the neighborhood. Our friends and family did them at their homes as well.

These are some of my favorite pictures of him.




Evy

Our Christmas tree from the Singles Ward.
Nolan


Christmas Day. Nelson and I didn't totally know what everyone was getting. A Singles Ward bought all of our presents. Nelson and I couldn't buy one thing. We were in the hospital almost nonstop since after Thanksgiving.

Nelson had major anxiety about how many presents my kids were getting. We purposely don't get them a ton for Christmas. I think the Singles Ward had fun picking the presents and my kids loved all of them.
Nolan and Coleman



Coleman got a lot of Star Wars toys, Ninja Turtles and Play doh.
Nelson got a new TV from his parents. Coleman had broken our last one by throwing a toy at it.
Evy got a new Christmas dress.

Coleman's Christmas list said he wanted a bunch of snakes. Ha ha. Snakes he got.

His snake collection.
Modeling his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shell.


Nelson got 2 shirts from the DI from my Dad. He had camoflauged them in a box of fishing supplies to tease Nelson. As you can see by Nelson's face here, he was not in the best of moods.

Another DI shirt. This is the fishing box it came in.
My mom gave us a book of coupons for babysitting since that's all she did now anyway since Nelson couldn't help me with the kids much anymore.

Evy's new Christmas pajamas and toothbrush.

Evy's nail set.

Gene and I took the kids sledding up the street the next day.
 
Nolan playing with Taggert.

Coleman in his new Star Wars pajamas and toothbrush.







No comments:

Post a Comment