Sunday, November 12, 2017

December 19-23, 2015



My friends Erin and LaNae sent me a photo of themselves at my house while we were in the hospital. They and a bunch of other ladies were cleaning my house. Embarrassing but nice at the same time.


The Camblins picked us up from the hospital when Nelson was discharged. They were coming to visit Nelson anyway so I asked them to just come get us instead. We went to their home while we waited for my dad to pick us up. Nelson has rearranged Wendy's nativity scene each time he goes to her home for years. This year was no exception.

Nelson watching hunting videos with Darren Camblin.

Meanwhile my kids were at Gene and Karlene's waiting for the family Christmas party that night. We didn't tell them Nelson or I were out of the hospital and would be coming.

Darren and Nelson. Nelson is usually bubbly, goofy and silly with the Camblins but he just didn't feel well. They did lift his spirits a bit though.


We showed up to the family Christmas party. Nelson hung out in the recliner since he didn't feel well. He met Amanda's boyfriend Makay for the first time. I was bummed this was how Makay would know him. This wasn't Nelson at all. Cheryl was in the middle of her chemo sessions as well.

Nelson in his hospital attire.


Connie and Nolan.

Dan was asleep so Pete wrote on his face.


Nelson and Nolan. Nelson looks good here for having such a serious cancer but this is not Nelson to me. This is not what he looks like normally. I probably only have a few pictures of Nelson holding Nolan. He couldn't too often.

Maggie and Winston. My mom had us take a family picture with everyone during our McFarland family party the day after the Ashworth party.

Nelson would not get in the photo. I was bummed. But here are my kids and me.

Steve and Bill

Auntie Michele

Matt cooking up aebliskiver.

Nolan loved Aunt Michele's necklace.



White elephant gifts.

Coleman

We drove past the lights on temple square a million times between appointments and hospitalizations at Huntsman Cancer Institute. I wanted to go in so bad but Nelson didn't feel well. It was so hard watching the city celebrate Christmas when we couldn't be a part of it. Plus our lives were so horrid. This was a horrific time of my life. I can't explain it.

Meanwhile my neighbors were working hard trying to finish a room for my family to stay in since they stayed over so much now to help us.

Evy helping.

The bathroom shower. Nelson designed how our bathroom was going to be, we got a tall shower for him and he never got to use it once.

Sledding at the neighbor's house. Many neighbors took rotations taking my children while my family stayed home to watch them while Nelson and I were always gone.



Working on the tile. My neighbors that are contractors hired many professionals or asked them to donate their time to us.



Nolan snoozing. He was our saving grace, our sunshine through the darkness. I snuggled him many times through my sorrow. I wondered what his life would bring him with Nelson's health declining. Life sure isn't fair but I have hope all my children will actually be propelled forward from all this. I hope they will grow, learn and have empathy for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment